Further to our last publication notifying you of the formation of an Operational Board, we are pleased to announce that as of the 27thof August 2019, both the Operations Director (Paul Stone) and Finance Manager (Paul Digby) have begun their employment with EMS. We are sure you will join us in welcoming both Paul’s to the team.
Glyn Howell’s continues to provide interim Finance Director support to Paul Digby until the end of this calendar year. We would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to Glyn for the work he has put in with EMS, and wish him luck on his next projects.
Newbury, UK – Electronic Manufacturing Solutions Limited (EMS) announces the formation of an Operational Board.
Following a review of company performance, which has seen;
- Relocation to a 15,500 sq ft facility, in May 2018.
- Investment of £1m in a brand new, fully automated, surface mount assembly line, and an increase in inspection capacity.
- An increase in employees from 40 in June 2018 to 58 in April 2019.
- Turnover increase from £3.7m in 2018, to £6.4m in 2019.
EMS has decided to appoint an Operational Board that will be responsible for the day to day running of the business, effective from the 18th April 2019.
Bernard Chubb (formerly Managing Director) will continue to be involved in EMS as the Chairman of the Operational Board and owner of the business. The Operational Board members are:
- Managing Director: Jonathan Plummer
- Sales Director: Rob Moore
- Operations Director: Out for recruitment
- Finance Director: Glyn Howells (*)
(*) Glyn is providing Interim Finance Director support whilst we recruit a permanent Finance Manager.
Following the first operational Board meeting Bernard Chubb said “The formation of an Operational Board will ensure appropriate levels of focus and governance are placed on all areas and is a positive step for the business, employees and customers alike.”
Jonathan Plummer said “The last year has seen incredible growth for EMS, with significant investment in capital equipment and our employees. The forecast for 2019/2020, and beyond will see further growth, development and investment at EMS.”