- Employees are healthy, with minimal reported cases to date.
- Component manufacturers and distributors are indicating the possibility of delays later in the year, due to the risk of increasing of lead times on new orders, so we would recommend ensuring forward order books are in place to mitigate against future disruption.
- Couriers have yet to return to their original full range of services.
EMS remained open and operational throughout the situation supporting our customers in the health care industry, with EMS employees being identified as essential workers within the medical supply chain. We have implemented the following to support this.
Start of March
- Guidelines on hand washing.
- Additional hand sanitiser.
- Measures to minimise contact with shared surfaces.
- Notification of Government and NHS guidelines.
- All non-business critical visits, visitors and meetings postponed pending updates to Government policies.
- Any visitors critical to business operations will be screened on the basis of; o If you have any symptoms related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Have recently come into close contact with someone displaying these symptoms
- If you have recently travelled to the UK from somewhere with a higher risk of coronavirus. Or had close contact with someone who has.
- The supplier’s own guidelines (if available) will be reviewed, and where applicable suitable PPE will be worn to protect employees and visitors.
- Working from home has been implemented, where possible.
- Guidelines and checks on social distancing were implemented across working areas.
- Social distancing has been implemented in break areas.
- We will discuss the need for overtime with our employees as and when required.
11th May Statement Update
As we have been operational throughout, EMS is already in compliance with most of the Government guidelines to ensure workplaces COVID-19 Secure. As part of our commitment to Continuous Improvement we reviewed the guidelines in depth.
11th June Statement Update
As we were operational throughout, EMS was already in compliance with most of the Government guidelines to ensure workplaces were COVID-19 Secure. Since the release of the Government guidelines in May, EMS has conducted a risk assessment to review the policies we already had in place to ensure they were COVID-19 Secure and can confirm EMS is COVID-19 Secure.
As part of our commitment to Continuous Improvement we have from the risk assessment;
- Notified all employees of the COVID-19 Secure requirements.
- Reviewed and released new guidelines for business-critical visitors. Non business critical visitors are still suspended.
- Instigated a one-way system for entrance and exist to the Production area.
- Invested in a digital signage solution to elevate our communications and utilise the resources provided by Public Health England for digital screens.
10th July Statement Update
As further updates and easing measures are announced by the Government, we have;
- Reviewed the updated COVID-19 Secure guidelines.
- Communicated the Test & Trace system to all our employees.
- Confirmed, to employees, that, whilst Government guidelines allow for social distancing of less than 2m in some situations, the core guidance remains to maintain 2m wherever possible, so as business we will maintain our social distancing at 2m.
3rd August Statement Update
As further restrictions are eased by the Government, we have;
- Reviewed updates to COVID-19 Secure guidelines.
- Invested in a trial digital signage system to elevate our method of communication internally.
- Through a trial system, seen the return to site, of a small number of those who had been working from home inline with Government guidelines for allowing employers to have more discretion in a COVID-19 Secure environment.
1st September Statement Update
As the Government releases updates to the COVID-19 Secure guidelines we have reviewed and assessed the updates and where applicable introduced new systems, such as a digital visitor system.
- We have welcomed back more employees to site, with only three remaining offsite and likely to return through September.
13th October Statement Update
- The change to Government advice, at the end of September led to those employees able to do so to return to working from home. As this was established before this has been achieved without any disruption to employees and communications, beyond the challenges of not being physically onsite.
- We have evolved the Digital Signage trial to provide notification of EMS news and latest Government advice.
All our actions are aimed at minimising the risk to our employees and ensuring continuity of key functions of the business to maintain high quality on time deliveries.
If you have any questions concerning this, or EMS can support you in any way, then please do not hesitate to speak to your Sales representative.