- During the early stages of the COVID-19 outbreak, the supply chain disruption was limited to PCB manufacture in China, which now appears to have stabilised. However, suppliers recommend ensuring forward order books are in place to mitigate against future disruption.
- Component manufacturers and distributors indicated the possibility of delays. We have seen a handful of related issues on supply, the main issue being increased lead times on new orders. We recommend ensuring forward order books are in place.
If delays occur, we are working with our suppliers to become aware of delays promptly and can resource or discuss the potential impact with our customers.
EMS has remained open and operational throughout the situation, supporting our customers in the healthcare industry. EMS employees have been identified as essential workers within the medical supply chain. We have implemented the following to support this:
- Guidelines on handwashing
- Additional hand sanitiser
- Measures to minimise contact with shared surfaces
- Notification of government and NHS guidelines
- All non-business critical visits, visitors and meetings postponed pending updates to government policies
- Any visitors critical to business operations will be screened based on:
- COVID-19 symptoms
- Recent close contact with anyone displaying these symptoms
- Recent travel to the UK from somewhere with a higher risk of contracting coronavirus/contact with someone who has
- The supplier’s own guidelines (if available) will be reviewed and, where applicable, suitable PPE will be worn to protect employees and visitors
- Working from home has been implemented where possible
- Guidelines and checks on social distancing implemented across working areas
- Social distancing implemented in break areas
- We will discuss the need for overtime with our employees as and when required
- We will discuss flexible shift working with our employees to support them
As EMS has been continuously operational, we are already in compliance with government guidelines to ensure our workplace is COVID-19 secure. As part of our commitment to continuous improvement, we are regularly reviewing the guidelines in depth.
All actions are aimed at minimising the risk to our employees and ensuring continuity of key business functions to maintain high-quality, on-time deliveries.
If you have any questions in this regard or require support from EMS in any way, please do not hesitate to speak to your sales representative.
Jonathan Plummer, Managing Director