At the time of writing;
- The only disruption so far to supply chain has stemmed from PCB manufacture in China, which appears to have stabilised.
- Component manufacturers and distributors are indicating potential delays to the supply chain, but EMS has not seen any delays so far, but we expect to see delays over the coming weeks and months.
We are working with our suppliers to ensure that if delays do occur, we know as soon as possible and are able to resource or discuss the potential impact with our customers. PCB suppliers have advised placing forward orders to cover demand up to at least June 2020.
As you will be aware, the situation with regards to Coronavirus (COVID-2019) is changing daily, based on the latest Government guidelines on social distancing advice, we are taking the following precautions from Monday 16th March 2020;
- All non-business critical visits, visitors and meetings have been cancelled until 6th We will review this policy weekly.
- Any visitors critical to business operations will be screen on the basis of;
- If you have any symptoms related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Have recently come into close contact with someone displaying these symptoms
- If you’ve recently travelled to the UK from somewhere with a higher risk of coronavirus. Or had close contact with someone who has.
- Sales representatives will work from home ongoing. As they will not be visiting the office, then if required and approved they can visit customers in any business-critical situations, otherwise they arrange video links or conference calls for meetings.
- Home working will be implemented, where applicable for people in other roles.
- Handshakes will be banned.
- Checks on social distancing will be implemented across normal working areas.
- Social distancing will be implemented in break areas.
- We will discuss need for overtime with our employees as and when required.
- We will discuss flexible shift working with our employees to support them in being able to look after children, if schools should be closed.
These measures are in addition to those we have already introduced, including;
- Guidelines on hand washing.
- Additional hand sanitiser.
- Measures to minimise contact with shared surfaces.
- Notification of Government and NHS guidelines.
These actions are all aimed at minimising the risk to our employees and ensuring continuity of key functions of the business to maintain high quality on time deliveries.
If you have any questions concerning this, or EMS can support you in any way, then please do not hesitate to speak to your Sales representative.